Save Money, Save Energy:
HotSpring® Spas leads the industry in design, engineering, and manufacturing of energy-efficient spa pools. With Hot SpringSpas' Energy Smart™ system, each spa is built with a combination of energy-efficient features that simultaneously provide you with lower operating costs and the best value over time.
The Energy Smart Spa:
You can enjoy lower monthly operating costs with HotSpring Spas energy-efficient spas. HotSpring Spas makes your spa energy-efficient by:
- Totally insulating every Highlife Collection model with multiple layers of high density, polyurethane foam that's also used to insulate commercial freezers
- Using the innovative FiberCor® insulation in the Limelight Collection models, which fills the cabinet completely to a density that is 4 times greater than the 8 kg/m³ foam used on most spas
- Manufacturing all spa covers to ensure a custom-fit and tight seal to lock in warm air, and have a dense foam core with a high R-value for insulation
- Continuously circulating spa water with the SilentFlo 5000™ circulation pump that uses less energy than a 40-watt light bulb
- Featuring the powerful WaveMaster™ jet pumps dedicated to powering the jets and are only activated when you need them
- Featuring the SmartJet™ system that lets you direct power only to the jets you choose, for less horsepower and energy
- Designing our own heaters to maximise the transfer of heat to the water for maximum efficiency
- Featuring dimmer-controlled LED lights that use less energy than a standard light bulb in all models
We Set The Standard:
Hot SpringSpas has certified all models to the California Energy Commission (CEC) in accordance with California law With California setting the standard for energy-efficient spa pools, you can have peace of mind knowing that your spa is designed to keep operating costs low no matter where you live.
HotSpring Spas received the ENVY Award for energy-efficient spa pool design in 2008.
SUPER ENERGY EFFICIENT
Highlife Collection spas are believed superb energy efficient due to complex Energy Smart features that you cannot find anywhere else.
Highlife and Limelight Collection spa pools feature the SilentFlo 5000 circulation pump, which constantly and quietly circulates spa water using energy that is less when compared to a 40-watt light bulb.
Limelight Collection and Hot Spot® spa pools feature FiberCor insulating material, which fully insulates the spa cabinet to a density 4X greater than typical 8 kg/m³ foam.
A note about energy use figures quoted on this site.
Energy Use figures are derived from the California Energy Commission Website which has data on any of the Spas available for sale in California, including HotSpring brands Highlife, HotSpot, Limelight , FreeFlow and Highlife NXT. The $NZ amounts quoted on this site use these figures to calculate standby energy consumption at 29c per unit of electricity which is an average cost per unit in Tauranga at time of publishing the figures.
It is possible to compare energy use across our model range (and some other manufacturer's) by checking the california energy commission website appliance testing figures. (It involves careful navigation on the site to get the data).